Last updated: 08 Jun 2020
1. Personal Information We Collect
We may collect Personal Information directly from you, from third parties, and automatically when you use the Site. In this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. Where required by applicable law, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as any consequences of failing to do so.
- Contact information. When you contact us, sign up for our newsletter, or make a reservation, you may provide us with contact information, such as your name, email address, phone number, address, and preferred language.
- Communications. When you contact us, we typically receive your contact information, and the time, date, and content of your message and any attachments.
- Booking information. When you make a reservation, you provide us with booking information, such as your tentative dates, number of persons and rooms, the intention and occasion of your visit, package details, and how you heard about us.
2. How We Use Personal Information
How We Use Personal information
We use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing the Site. We use Personal Information to operate, maintain, and provide features of our Site.
- Communicating with you. We use Personal Information to contact you for administrative and informational purposes, such as to respond to your inquiries you may send to us.
- Managing your booking and activities. We use Personal Information to manage reservation and your activities.
- Marketing. We use Personal Information to send marketing communications, including promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. We also use Personal Information to contact you to answer feedback and surveys, and to improve our marketing and promotional efforts. Generally, you have the ability to opt out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under Your Rights and Choices. Where required under applicable law, we will only send you promotional emails with your opt-in consent.
- Understanding and improving our Site. We use Personal Information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our guests and users in order to improve the Site, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionalities.
- Other business purposes. We use Personal Information for compliance, risk management and other business purposes, such as audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- Aggregated use. We may de-identify and aggregate Personal Information collected through the Site and use it for any lawful purpose.
We and third-party service providers may use the following types of cookies to collect Personal Information:
- Functional cookies. Some cookies are strictly necessary to make our Site available to you. For example, to provide login functionality. We cannot provide you with the Site without this type of cookies.
You can find more information about your rights and choices, and how to opt out of the use of certain cookies in the section “Your Rights and Choices” below.
How We Use European Personal Information
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we only process your Personal Information when we have a valid “legal basis” to do so, including when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example to send you marketing communications.
- Contract. We need to use your Personal Information to provide you with the Site or to respond to your inquiries.
- Legal obligation. We need to use your Personal Information to comply with a legal obligation, for example to comply with a court order.
- Legitimate interest. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to understand and improve our Site. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
3. How We Disclose Personal Information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your Personal Information collected on the Site to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- We may use and disclose aggregated or otherwise de-identified information for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law.
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data. It is important that you maintain the security and control of your credentials, and not share your passwords with anyone.
5. Your Rights and Choices
You have several rights and choices with regard to our use of your Personal Information. You may, of course, decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Site. If you wish to access, amend, or delete any other Personal Information we hold about you, you may contact us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so, as permitted under applicable data protection law.
If you no longer want to receive marketing emails from us on a going forward basis, you may opt-out via the “unsubscribe” link provided in each such email or by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Policy.
Your European Privacy Rights
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have additional rights described below.
- You may request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another organization. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work, or where an incident took place.
- If you have consented to our use of your Personal Information you may withdraw your consent at any time, and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights, and that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
Your Cookie Choices
- Google Analytics.You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites and opt out by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout or via Google’s Ads Settings or Ad Settings for mobile apps.
- Hubspot. You can learn about HubSpot’s practices by going to https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy.
- Heap. You can learn about Heap’s practices by going to https://heap.io/privacy.
- Do Not Track Signals. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
6. International Visitors
Our Site is hosted in the United States. If you choose to use the Site from outside of the United States, please note that we may transfer your information to the United States and other countries for storage and processing. These countries may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. By using the Site you consent to this transfer.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we will comply with applicable EEA data protection law when transferring your Personal Information outside of the EEA. We may transfer your Personal Information to countries which have been found to provide adequate data protection by the EU Commission, use contractual protections for the transfer of Personal Information, or transfer to recipients who have implemented Privacy Shield or Binding Corporate Rules. For more information about how we transfer Personal Information outside of the EEA, or to obtain a copy of the contractual safeguards we use for such transfers, please contact us using the contact details provided at the end of this Policy.
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required or permitted by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the mandatory retention periods provided by law and any relevant statute of limitations.
8. Use of Site by Minors
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they do not provide Personal Information through the Site. If you learn that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information contrary to this Policy, please contact us using the details provided at the end of this Policy.
9. Third Party Services
This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, or any third party operating any site or service to which the Site links. The inclusion of a link on the Site does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
We may make changes to this Policy. The date at the bottom of this Policy indicates when this Policy was last updated. If we make material changes, we may notify you by sending you an email or other communication. We encourage you to read this Policy periodically to stay up-to-date about our privacy practices.
11. Contact Us
Unless otherwise indicated in this Policy, Sensei is the entity responsible or “data controller” for the processing of Personal Information described in this Policy. If you have any questions about this Policy or our privacy practices in general, please contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or via regular mail at:
1119 Colorado Ave, Suite 18
Santa Monica, CA 90401